History & Mission
Phonics Phactory is an independent private school which relies soley upon internal funding.
We do not accept ANY government or private subsidies.
The Phonics Phactory was founded in September of 1993, by Brian and Debbie Mayer. As parents of three children, education became a primary concern. During their children’s educational experiences, the Mayer's used public, traditional private, and home schooling at various times in their children’s development. It became apparent that all three had unique contributions to make to their education. From that realization The Phonics Phactory was established with a beginning enrollment of forty-five students, kindergarten - sixth grade.
The school began in the facility of Gresham Nazarene Church on Stark Street in Gresham. Brian Mayer, an elder in the Church of the Nazarene, was the senior pastor. After outgrowing the church's facility, Brian and Debbie resigned as senior pastor to devote their full attention to the development of the school.
In 2002, the school moved to the facilities of Mountainview Christian Church in Gresham. This same year property was purchased on the corner of Kane (257th) and 8th street in Gresham for a (future) new Phonics Phactory school building.
On September 21st, 2004, the Phonics Phactory opened its first day of the 2004-2005 school year in a brand new, state-of-the-art learning facility. Since this time, 9th and 10th grades have been added to the curriculum based offerings.
In April of 2011, the Phonics Phactory underwent a name update. Mayer Christian Schools is now the name given to the middle school, grades 7th & 8th, and the new addition of high school grades 9th & 10th.
- TO PREPARE children to become self-governing, productive people;
- TO TEACH them to think, speak, and write with clarity, accuracy with a biblical worldview;
- TO LEAD them to honor the value of hard work, integrity, and doing their best;
- TO INSPIRE them to greatness!
- We teach children to love to learn.
Children only become accomplished at something they learn to love. This is every classroom’s goal. With faculty who love to teach, and staff who love to serve, students naturally learn to love what school is about.
- We teach children to learn for life.
From the moment children enter the door, every aspect of the school day is focused on learning habits and skills that produce self-discipline, positive attitude, and organizational know-how. These are values that enable one to succeed in every aspect of life.
- We teach self-governance with both the opportunity and the responsibility to achieve as Americans.
Our students discover each individual is created with unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They learn that happiness does not come from superficial sources, but rather through applying the biblical values of self-goverance, honesty, integrity, and service.
As Americans, we are to seek the welfare of the country in which we live. (Jer. 29:4-49). It is therefore our responsibility to love and serve our country.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH:
The statement of faith of Educational Ministries, Inc. is based on a vital relationship with Jesus Christ. Educational Ministries believes:
- In one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by complete inspiration, contain all the truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil.
- That those who feel no shame or regret for their attitudes and actions are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is made righteous and reborn in spirit and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers live victorious lives through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth and holiness of the believer.
- In the return of our Lord, in the resurrection of the dead, and in the final judgment.
OUR ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTER:
Educational Ministries, Inc. (a 501(c)3 non-profit religious educational institution) was established to educate children, parents and senior citizens in a Christian world-view. A Christian world-view sees God’s laws and principles at the core of all understanding and knowledge, and all aspects of life stem from this core. It is, simply, to think Christian. This includes the ability to think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding; to reason persuasively and articulate precisely; and to have the capability of evaluating their entire range of experience in the light of the Scriptures.
It is our desire to well-prepare individuals for all situations of life, possessing both information and the knowledge of how to use it to serve God effectively. To this end, we believe that Christian excellence in all subjects properly prepares students to relate to a lost world in all walks of life.