OUR VALUES AND GOALS
The kindergarten department was developed by our resident phonics expert, Mrs. Debbie Mayer. Based on the A Beka curriculum, all kindergarteners become exceptional readers! This is the critical educationalelement for developing academic greatness. With becoming highly proficient readers, students are assured of reaching their academic potential.
The educational philosophy of our kindergarten is based on Christian values.Good values lay the foundation for good students. Manners, respect for authority, honesty, sharing and self-control are our goals for each student. Without them, the acquisition of knowledge is meaningless. The traditional Christian holidays, such as Christmas and Easter, are observed and acknowledged.
OUR KINDERGARTEN GOALS:
- To make learning fun.
- To be the very best we can be.
- To help the student develop a high self-esteem and confidence level.
- To learn to be loving, joyful, peace promoters, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-disciplined.
- To excel academically. The A Beka curriculum is completed each year.
Progress and Evaluation Reports
- Students receive reports twice a year.
Phonics and Reading
- Recognition of name, sound, and picture of long and short vowels and consonants
- Beginning phonics rules and twelve special sounds
- Ten sight words
- Sounding of blends and one- and two-vowel words
- Completion of twelve A Beka readers (minimum)
- Advanced students continue in ten+ additional readers and begin the A Beka Summer Reading program (55 books!)
- Number recognition, counting and writing 1 - 100
- Number concepts 1 - 100
- Numbers before and after 1 - 100
- Numbers larger and smaller 1 - 100
- Using number words 1 - 10 and first-tenth
- Value of coins and dollar bill
- Telling time
- Using the calendar
- Days of the week, months of the year
- Addition facts through 10
- One-step story problems in addition
- Beginning subtraction
- Counting and writing by one’s to 100
- Counting and writing by tens to 100
- Counting and writing by fives to 100
- Counting and writing by twos to 100
- Memorization of poems, songs, Scripture and the American/Christian flag salutes
- Introduction to Sign Language
- Introduction to Spanish (numbers, colors, beginning conversation and everyday vocabulary)
- Language development and listening skills that include shapes, our solar system, the five senses, social studies, American history, health, safety, and manners.
- Building vocabulary words from A to Z.
- Composing and illustrating book reports.
- Understanding God’s World through the study of Me, weather, seasons, Creation, seeds, animals, seashore, birds and insects!
- Class labs: tadpoles/frogs, caterpillars/butterflies, worms, ants and planting gardens.
- Exposing children to a broad range of musical experiences while teaching theory, historical songs and simple instrumentation.
3 DAY/WEEK CLASSES meet Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday both 1st and 2nd Sessions
- 1st Session: 8:20 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 2nd Session: 11:40 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.