PRESCHOOL/PREKINDERGARTEN VALUES & GOALS
We make learning fun!
The teachings of our PRESCHOOL/PREKINDERGARTEN are based on Christian values. Good values lay the foundation for good students. Manners, respect for authority, honesty, sharing and self-control are our goals for each student. Without them, the acquisition of knowledge is meaningless. The traditional Christian holidays, such as Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter are observed and acknowledged.
EVERY CHILD SUCCEEDS
- by reaching their potential
- by being given one-on-one instructional time
- by progressing at their own speed
- by being challenged academically in a nurturing, positive environment
EVERY DAY INCLUDES
- Pledge of Allegiance
- story time
- fun and more fun!
EVERY PARENT IS INVOLVED
- by partnering with us to ensure A SMART START
- by listening to their child become a beginning reader at home
- by reviewing concepts taught
- by volunteering in the classroom
- by receiving bragging rights to family and friends!
- is trustworthy
- is trained
- is dedicated
- is enthusiastic
- is clean and sanitized daily
- is secure with doors/grounds monitored by 18 cameras
- is creatively decorated
- is organized
SMART START CURRICULUM
PRESCHOOL students will begin their journey to literacy by building upon their repertoire of letters and sounds. Creative activity teaches new letters each week, while reviewing the previous to attain mastery. The foundation is laid and children begin to develop their love for learning.
PREKINDERGARTEN students will complete 10 A Beka readers which contain short vowel sounds, consonant sounds, beginning blends, one vowel words, and simple sentences for the children to sound. Each child will be given one-on-one instructional time as they are encouraged and inspired to develop a love of reading. Advanced students will be given supplemental readers so the learning process never ends.
- Students will be given daily instruction and practice in correct letter formation. An “upstairs, downstairs, basement” concept will be used to teach the correct placement of each letter on the “lines & spaces.” The students will learn to write their first name in correct formation – an uppercase letter followed by lowercase letters.
- Simple counting
- Counting 1-100
- Number recognition & writing 1-20
- Concepts of money
- Development of language skills that include colors, shapes, seasons, days of the week, animals, insects, transportation, the five senses, nursery rhymes, community helpers, health awareness, circus, flowers, safety, manners, and science.
- Memorization of poems, songs, scripture, and the American/Christian Flag salutes
- Introduction to Sign Language, alphabet, colors and beginning vocabulary.
- Introduction to Spanish.
PROGRESS AND EVALUATION REPORTS
- Students receive reports twice a year.
Enrollment is open to children ages 3, 4, and 5 years of age. Both preschool and pre-kindergarten classes are offered.
3 DAY/WEEK CLASSES meet Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday both 1st and 2nd Sessions
- 1st Session: 8:20 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 2nd Session: 11:40 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.